The overall aim of the NanoCarb ETN is to train a new generation of creative and innovative multidisciplinary early-stage researchers in the fields of nanotechnology and carbohydrate chemistry through an integrated research training programme in academia, industry and research centre environments.
The training will focus on three core areas:
- Nanotechnology and glycotechnology
- Career and business processes
- Personal development skills
At the end of this project, the ESRs expertise will make them excellent candidates for a career in academia or industrial sectors.
List of network-wide training activities:
- Leadership and Career Development. NanoCarb Spring Meeting 2019 – 14 May 2019, Horizons Unleashed Ltd., Milan, IT
- Vaccine formulation and nanotechnology. NanoCarb Spring Meeting 2019 – 15-16 May 2019, CNR Research Area, Milan, IT
- Glycobiology & Glycochemistry International E-Learning Course offered by NOVA University. July 2019 – March 2020. Online.
- Nanoparticle characterisation. NanoCarb Autumn Workshop – 25 November 2019, Malvern Panalytical Ltd, Dublin, IE.
- Challenges in working with nanomaterials. NanoCarb Autumn Workshop – 26 November 2019, RCSI, Dublin, IE.
- Talent dynamics and leadership framework. NanoCarb Autumn Workshop – 28 November 2019, Horizons Unleashed Ltd., Dublin, IE.
- NANOSTEM-NanoCarb Joint Training School on publishing and PhD thesis writing, 3-4 September 2020. Online.
- Imaging – Magnetic resonance and nuclear imaging; radionuclides generation; radiochemistry; multimodal imaging. NanoCarb Autumn Workshop – 2-3 November 2020, CIC biomaGUNE, Online.
- Business Model Canvas. 26 November 2020, Horizons Unleashed Ltd. & Ludger Ltd., Online.
- Career workshop – Sharing of Different Career Journeys. 19 April 2021, Horizons Unleashed Ltd., Online.
- Research Project Management. 20 and 23 April 2021, accelopment AG, Online.
- Glycan analysis. 21 and 22 April 2021, Ludger Ltd., Online.